The Jungle Books I & II

"The Red Flower is in my body, my bones are water--and--I know not what I know" says Mowgli in the last pages of Rudyard Kipling's The Jungle Book.  Lush, rich, imaginative, epic prose, these stories are a feast for the imagination, full of heroic characters and indescribable longing.  The final chapter of The Second Jungle Book is worth reading everything prior, but along the way are a number of amazing moments, not the least of which is the tale of Rikki-Tikki-Tavi.
 
After you read it, enjoy Chuck Jones' Jungle Books stories especially the 1975 version of Rikki-Tikki-Tavi.  It is quite good, preserving almost all of the original text and including the voice talents of Orson Welles, June Foray, and Shepard Menken.  You can watch it on Youtube here or check out Part I below.

0 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails