Moomin Valley

I made a strange trade the other day.  A dangerous character came up to me:  "Read this," he said.  I stared.  He was holding Tove Jansson's Finn Family Moomintroll.  I was in the middle of two other books.  "Only if you read this," I said, handing him Booth Tarkington's Penrod.  "Two chapters?"  I added, "And I'll read two chapters of yours."  What was I apprehensive about?  The funny hippo-like cartoons?  It didn't take long to become a fan of these wonderful, quirkly, profound, adventurous books.  Snufkin, the wanderer-vagabond who fishes, smokes a pipe, plays harmonica, is what did it, of course.  Try the official website to see all Jansson's books, her characters, her cartoons, and a host of related sites.  Even if you hadn't read the books, the website would charm you with its interesting graphics.  Buy these sweet Moomin Valley character mugs here.  How happy would I be if someone bought me a Snufkin mug!

0 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails