Camps

Though I can't post much about it now, I'll be throwing out some good ideas as I put together the Winter Adventure Camp I'm running this January or collegiate programs I'm helping to run this summer. 

The Winter Adventure Camp is for kids 5th-7th grade.  Read more here.  Survival skills, fire-building, Russian folk-tales, story-telling . . . bring extra socks and get ready to engage COLD WEATHER!

The latter two programs (The Beauty of Truth Collegiate program & Catholic Leadership program) are for juniors and seniors in high-school and take place out at the Thomas More College of Liberal Arts.  Read more here.  As I was reviewing the website, I realized that I forgot to remember that an amazing art atelier will be going on simultaneously and offering Iconography and naturalistic drawing in the Baroque tradition.  

On a personal note, having spent no time in New England, I am looking forward to swimming off the coast of Maine( Edna St. Vincent Millay country.)  And of course, I'll enjoy putting my own course together with Tolkien's exquisite "Leaf by Niggle" story, some star-gazing perhaps, and maybe this poem:

I know I might have lived in such a way
As to have suffered only pain:
Loving not man nor dog;
Not money, even; feeling
Toothache perhaps, but never more than an hour away
From skill and novocaine;
Making no contacts, dealing with life through agents, drinking
one cocktail, betting two dollars, wearing raincoats in the
rain.
Betrayed at length by no one but the fog
Whispering to the wing of the plane. . .  (from Millay's "Fontaine, Je Ne Boirai Pas De Ton Eau!")

0 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails