The Church and The Land

Recently thinking about the ancient relationship between the Catholic Church and the land, reading some Wendell Berry novels and also the United States Bishops' Letter "Economic Justice for All: Pastoral Letter on Catholic Social Teaching and the U.S. Economy" (1986), I thought: "How would a modern, city-bred, liberal arts trained Catholic even begin to reconnect to the land?" Or if I wanted to support family farms and rural life, encourage creative and responsible local intiatives and businesses, or simply establish better urban-rural relations--what would I do?

Here's the beginning of a running list. I have not made up my mind what I think of these, but they seem like good ideas. And I bought some locally made honey for my sore throat. I have always hated honey, but just changed my mind. I mean, just look at it!

Explore:

0 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails